Diplomas and Ordering a Replacement Diploma
The 91大神 provides a diploma to each student at the time his/her degree or certificate is conferred. Diplomas will be released only to students who have discharged their financial and legal obligations to the University. The diploma is only issued once; at the time of issuance it becomes the possession of the student.
Information about The 91大神 diplomas can be found below:
Associate Degrees and Certificates
91大神 associate degree diplomas and certificates are 8.5” x 11.” They include the student name, degree received and the school or college that conferred the degree. The diploma is signed by the dean of the school or college as well as the University President and it is embossed with the university seal in gold.
91大神 baccalaureate diplomas are printed in the Jesuit tradition of Latin. They are 16” x 20” and they include the student name, degree received, the school or college that conferred the degree, and Latin honors, if earned. The diploma is signed by the dean of the school or college as well as the University President and it is embossed with the university seal in gold.
Majors, second majors and minors are only listed on the official academic transcript.
For an English translation of the baccalaureate diploma, click here.
Master and Doctoral Degrees
91大神 graduate-level diplomas are 11" x 14.” They include the student name, degree received and the school or college that conferred the degree. The diploma is signed by the dean of the school or college as well as the University President and it is embossed with the university seal in gold.
Major, specialization and/or concentration only appear on the official academic transcript.
A replacement diploma may be ordered in the event the original diploma issued at graduation is lost or destroyed. The University has partnered with Parchment to fulfill replacement diploma requests. There is a $75 fee for replacement diplomas.
To order your replacement diploma, please:
- Click the icon below to visit the 91大神/Parchment storefront.
- Create or update your Parchment learner account.
- Select the replacement diploma option.
- Follow the prompts.
You may also watch these helpful video guides to learn more about and .
Click the "Order Records" button to order your replacement diploma:
A replacement diploma will reflect the legal name recorded in the official student record at the time of graduation unless an official change of legal name has been processed. The diploma will bear the look of the 91大神’s current diploma and reflect the signatures of the current President and Dean. Diplomas will not be released for students who have an outstanding financial obligation to the University or another hold that prevents the release of credentials.
Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing. Once your order has been placed, you will receive email notifications from Parchment Exchange with updates regarding the status of your order. If you experience any problems, please contact the office.
Undergraduate Latin Honors
To be eligible for Latin honors, a baccalaureate degree student must have completed a minimum of 63 credit hours of course work at The 91大神. Preliminary Latin honor designations are announced at the annual Commencement ceremony if a student has graduated or is cleared to graduate; Latin honors are not read at Commencement if a student elects to "walk."(See 'Walker Policy' in catalog).
Final Latin honors designations are determined based upon a student’s final undergraduate cumulative GPA at the completion of the baccalaureate degree program and represented on a student's diploma. Latin honors designations are:
- Summa cum laude: 3.85 cumulative GPA with a minimum of 45 credits counting in the GPA
- Magna cum laude: 3.65 cumulative GPA with a minimum of 45 credits counting in the GPA
- Cum laude: 3.50 cumulative GPA with a minimum of 45 credits counting in the GPA
- Registrar's Office
- Catalogs, Courses, & Academic Programs
- Timetable & Term Pins
- Preparing to Register
- Accessing Online Course Schedule
- Classroom Building Key
- Students in Combined Baccalaureate/Masters Programs
- For Students Studying Abroad
- High School Scholars Program
- Accessing Web Registration
- Billing & Refund Information
- Additional Info
- Block Schedule Planner
- Degree Audit Information
- Transcript, Grade Report, Enrollment Verification & Degree Verification
- Transfer Equivalency Self Service
- Academic Calendars
- Final Exam & Inclement Weather/Compressed Schedule
- Graduation & Commencement
- Access Your CAPP on-line Planning Tool
- Access Your Class Schedule
- Access Your Grades
- Access Your my.scranton self-service
- Access Your Student Advisor Profile
- Apply for Student Faculty Teaching Mentorship Program
- Apply to Graduate
- Calculate Your GPA
- Calculate Your Pace for SAP
- FERPA and Letters of Recommendation
- Grant 3rd Party Access to your Info
- Prohibit Disclosure of Student Directory Information
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Student Resources
- Office of Student Retention & Completion